Thursday, October 7, 2010

3 Day Weekend!

I'm taking a vacation day tomorrow and giving myself the day off!  After all it's my birthday!  32 this year...and what a year it's been!  I'm looking forward to spending the day with my boys.  Maybe a visit to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, and then dinner made by my husband.  On Saturday we're heading out to Orange County to spend the day with my parents. 

My husband asked me what I wanted as a gift.  The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to say a Gymboree gift card so I could buy the little man all the cute clothes I wanted, but can't really afford.  Or a Borders gift card so I could get him some more books!  Geez, when did I stop wanting to shop for myself? 

Well, that's not entirely true.  I still like shopping for myself.  It's just that I find it much easier to forgo that cute pair of jeans or fabulous boots that I've been wanting and get the little guy something adorable instead.  I'm pretty sure that's a normal 'mom' thing, right?

In any case, I'm fairly certain I'm getting a gift card to a clothing store that doesn't sell baby clothes.  So I guess I have no choice!  I'll shop for myself if I must!  Consider my arm twisted!

No comments:

Post a Comment