Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My New Favorite Website

If you browse through the list of blogs that I follow, it should come as no surprise that I love interior design.  Up until this point in my life, I've either lived with my parents (until the day I was married, actually) or in an apartment.  Neither of which allows for much permanence/personality when it comes to decorating.  But alas, we purchased our first home earlier this year and I'm DETERMINED to make it as beautiful as I possibly can.  So far, I'm still dealing with a fairly blank canvas.  We haven't even put any artwork up on the walls.  For a while I was considering working with a professional designer, but then I decided I should give it a go on my own first.  I figure I have a ton of resources available to me as far as inspiration goes.  Plus, I definitely know what I like.  My husband and I aren't 100% on the same page in terms of style, but that's OK.  People always say to pick your battles...well, this is a battle I'm going to WIN!  Sorry dear husband, but I'm afraid I'm not backing down on this one.  I'm sure he'll understand.

Anyway, I came across this very helpful website, Olioboard, to help plan out my projects.  It's very easy to use and is great for compiling all the elements of a room into one place.  My first room to tackle is the 'formal living room', right off the front door.  It's nice and bright, but certainly not my "vision".  It's sort of a mish mash of hand me downs, leftovers from our apartment days, and bare walls.  Blah.  As soon as I get the Olioboard together for this room, I'll post it.  I can't wait to get started!

***Update!  I couldn't wait.  Here's the first pass at the living room.  I'm still missing things like curtains, artwork, and a coffee table, but this should give you a pretty good idea of my style.  It's sure to change as I work on it some more, but I thought I'd share the starting point:





No comments:

Post a Comment