Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fatoush Salad

Tonight I made fatoush salad for dinner and it was delicious! It's a Middle Eastern salad made with tomatoes, cucumbers, and pieces of Arabic (pita) bread tossed in a lemony dressing. Perfect for the summer. Here's how I make it:

Approximately 1.5 cups of tomatoes, cubed. Today I used baby heirloom tomatoes sliced in half, because it's all I had.

Approximately 4 Persian cucumbers chopped into bite sized pieces.

Approximately (are you sensing a theme here?)two green onions, chopped.

A couple tablespoons of flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped.

A couple handfuls of pita bread pieces, although I prefer using store bought pita chips. Since they're crunchy, they hold up a little better in the dressing.

Equal parts olive oil and lemon juice. I used the juice of 1 1/2 lemons, but you can adjust depending on how citrusy you like your dressing.

Salt and pepper, to taste.

So here's the tough part, combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, toss with lemon juice/olive oil, season with salt and pepper...and enjoy! Here's what mine looked like tonight:

No comments:

Post a Comment