Thursday, June 16, 2011

Work and Other Fun Stuff

As the little man has gotten older (he's a wise old 15 months now), he's become increasingly more active, curious, and social.  All great things!  I'm a proud mama for sure.  I'm running into some trouble with his outgoing-ness while working from home though.  When he was brand  new, he'd pretty much sleep all day, or at the minimum, he'd just hang out while I worked away on my laptop.  Ever since he's been mobile though, I find myself battling the need to keep up with him and answer an important work email/IM.  Or even worse, trying to manage a conference call with him crying in the background.  Not fun.  Lately I'm beginning to think it's a losing battle.  I'm great at multi-tasking, but a girl has her limits, right?

We weren't planning on sending him to pre-school until he was at least two, but I'm beginning to think it's going to happen sooner than later.  The good news is he's super social and loves playing with other kids, so maybe it won't be that big of a deal for him.  I don't think he needs to go full time, since I am at home three days a week after all.  Perhaps just 2 half days/week to start?  It will be good for him to play with other kids, and the fact that mama gets a few hours to herself for un-interrupted work is a nice bonus. 

We're still in the process of figuring all this stuff out.  We need to scout out the local pre-schools before we make any decisions.  But somethings gotta give.

No comments:

Post a Comment