Sunday, September 19, 2010

Just Keep Swimming

Today is our second swimming class at the Rose Bowl Aquatic Center.  The little man really seems to enjoy the water, which makes me very happy!  I don't know if we're actually going to learn anything substantial in these "Mommy and Me" type classes, but I figure it's a good introduction to the water for him.  I think I'll give it one more month and then move on to private lessons.  My goal is to have him water safe around his first birthday.  When you live in Southern California and pools are EVERYWHERE, you have to cover your bases.  Plus we're going to Hawaii next summer (our annual family trip) and I'd like for him to enjoy swimming in the beautiful Pacific ocean!  Ahhh...Waimea Bay. 

So, we have about 6 months to go before his first birthday.  Operation Backfloat is on!  Wish us luck!

Mahalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment